Interview of Laura Cooksey by Lori Crete
Laura Cooksey – Stepping Forward into an Expertise in Acne Treatment
July 27, 2015 by Lori Crete on The Beauty Biz Show
Today, I am so excited to talk with President and Co-Founder of Face Reality, Laura Cooksey.
Laura is known for being an acne expert, but she is also a licensed esthetician and massage therapist. In addition, she’s the creator of "Proven Strategies for Treating Acne", an online acne training system.
We covered a range of topics, including the importance of client consultations, how to successfully grow a business, and the value of showing up and coming from a place of empathy.
Laura and I agree on so many things, especially when it comes to owning your success and stepping into it, and I can’t wait for you to hear more.
Enjoy today’s show.
- How struggling with acne led her to skin care
- How army boot camp helps you run a business
- Transitioning from massage therapy to specializing in acne
- The challenges of marketing to clients with acne
- Why an esthetician can be better than a dermatologist
- What it’s like performing a niche service
- The benefits of a comprehensive consultation
- Why clients need to know what is expected of them
- What are the most typical types of acne
- In my business, I want to under promise and over perform.”
- The relationship between acne and diet
- Why acne is an inherited disorder
- The possibility of long distance treatment
- How to grow a successful business
- The importance of being an expert in your specialty
- Why you should define who you want to treat
- How achieving clear skin can change your life
- Why it’s important for clients to be all in
- The benefit of keeping your prices accessible
- You have to take it seriously, because the people coming to you expect you to be the expert.”
Learn more about Laura’s business - Acne Training